The following details the Limited Hardware Warranty and Return Materials Authorization (RMA) process offered by IBASE for its products.
2.1. GENERAL WARRANTY
- a) IBASE offers a limited Hardware warranty to the original purchaser of its products.
- b) Subject to the conditions, limitations and disclaimers set forth below, IBASE warrants that for the Applicable Warranty Period (as defined below) from the date of shipment from our manufacturing facilities, its products are free from defects in material and workmanship.
- c) In the event that a product failure was caused by a defect in materials or workmanship within the Applicable Warranty Period, IBASE agrees to repair or replace, at its option any Product or part thereof that proves to have such a defect.
2.2. APPLICABLE WARRANTY PERIOD
As used in this General Limited Warranty, the term Applicable Warranty Period for the Products that fall within the indicated Product Groups are as follows:
2.2.1. Standard Warranty
- ● Standard Product: For those products manufactured by us, our warranty period is TWO YEARS from date of shipment.
- ● ODM/ OEM Products: Unless otherwise expressly agreed in a written sales contract, our warranty period is TWO YEARS from date of shipment.
- ● Peripheral and outsourcing parts (not manufactured by IBASE): The original manufacturer’s warranty period will apply and will be assigned to the purchaser.
- ● Batteries installed in our products: ONE YEAR from date of shipment.
- ● PCBA with conformal coating: WE PROVIDE NO WARRANTIES.
2.2.2. Extended Warranty
Where an extended warranty has been taken out, the Applicable Warranty Period is the one that has been agreed with the Customer in contract.
Extended warranties of up to five years are offered on some of our products as an optional service, and are entirely at our discretion. If you are interested, then please contact our Sales Team for further details.
2.3. IN-WARRANTY REPAIRS
IBASE rigorously tests all of its products to ensure optimum quality and reliability. In the unlikely event that your product is defective or develops a fault within the Applicable Warranty Period, then rest assured, IBASE will endeavor to do its utmost in expediting the repair / replacement process.
2.3.1. DOA (Defective on Arrival) definition and procedure
1. If a product fails within the first thirty days from the date it leaves our manufacturing site, the product will be considered to be DOA.
2. DOA’s are dealt with the highest priority and should be reported immediately to IBASE. Customers are advised to initially consult with one of our support engineers via their Sales Account Manager regarding their issues. Our support engineer will try to resolve the problem remotely.
3. Once a support engineer fails to resolve the issue, the engineer will inform the Sales Account Manager to arrange a fast track service.
2.3.2. Extended Warranty
We will continue to service the product until the warranty period has expired. However, if we can no longer find parts to perform the in-warranty repair service, we will replace the product with an upgraded version. The remainder of the warranty period of the original product will still apply.
2.4. NON-WARRANTY REPAIRS
Any repair requested for a product for which the warranty period has expired or has been invalidated (see Exclusions clause below) is considered a non-warranty repair. All non-warranty repairs are chargeable for repair and shipping and are subject to availability of parts, components, and the condition of the defective product. For such repairs, the following will apply:
1. An Inspection Fee Charge of US$40 per item irrespective of whether a repair is subsequently carried out.
2. In addition to the inspection fee, there will be a repair service charge to cover the cost of major components and labor incurred in the repair process.
3. The customer needs to bear the costs of transportation and insurance for both ways.
1. All repaired goods carry a 3-month warranty from the date of dispatch from our service facilities.
2. Due to the availability of parts and the condition of the defective item, we may not be able to repair the goods.
3. Once the customer has agreed to the terms and conditions of this policy, we will issue an RMA number.
4. We will provide a quote upon inspection of the returned item(s). All repair work will only be initiated after the customer's confirmation and the receipt of an official PO.
5. If the customer does not wish to proceed with the repair, or the product is deemed to be not repairable then we can help to scrap the goods or return it back to the customer at their own costs. However, If we have not received a response within 60 days from the date of our notice, we will deem that the customer has authorized us to dispose of the goods.
2.5. REPAIR REPORT
We will submit a standard repair report for every RMA item. If an analysis report is required, we will charge a fee to cover all the costs involved.
3. Return Materials Authorization (RMA)
3.1. GENERAL WARRANTY
- a) Our RMA service will only be available to customers who have an invoicing account with us.
- b) An RMA number is valid for 14 working days. Our goods-in department will reject all returned goods without a valid RMA number and it is the responsibility of the sender to recover these goods at their own costs. We will not take any responsibility for the safe-keeping of these goods. Moreover, if we have no response from the sender, then after three months we will scrap the item without further notice.
- c) Please do not send back any accessories, manuals, and utilities with the product. We will not bear any responsibility or offer any guaranty for the safe return of these said items.
- d) If customer wishes to send other devices back with the defective item(s) to help us to troubleshoot the problem, then they are required to itemize these devices clearly on the RMA form.
- e) We will endeavor to expedite the warranty repair. To facilitate our troubleshooting, we request that the customers describes the problem in as much details as possible, which also includes, for example, but not limited to, the configuration, operating system, applications, and the working environment.
- f) If the described problem cannot be duplicated by our engineer, we will conduct a standard testing procedure on the item whereby, if it passes the procedure without issues, we will declare the item to be a NPF (No Problem Found) return. We may charge the customer an inspection fee up to US$40 per item, and the customer will need to arrange and pay for the return of the goods from our service facility.
3.2. APPLICABLE WARRANTY PERIOD
To apply for an RMA number, a customer can go to the e-RMA module on our website (www.ibase.com.tw) to complete a request form. The customer is encouraged to fill out the form as completely as possible to assist us to expedite the troubleshooting process. Please be advised that an RMA number should not be construed as a guaranty that we can repair the goods.
If all the items on an RMA application form are in warranty both in conditions and period, we will issue an RMA number to authorize the customer to return those goods. Please note that the RMA number is valid for 14 working days only!
It is essential to backup settings, software, and data in any storage devices before sending the goods back to us. We are not able to provide a backup services or be liable for any loss or corruption of data.
On the shipping invoice, please include the following term:
“Goods with no commercial value, being returned for service.”
All goods returned to us should be packed in their original packaging where possible. Otherwise ensure that it is suitably packaged in strong, and ESD protected packaging, with the RMA number written on the outside. All returns need to include a copy of a valid RMA form.
When a customer returns goods for under-warranty repairs, the customer is required to insure the goods against damages and loss in transit and to pay for the transportation costs. We will arrange to return the goods after repair at our costs, and with our designated transportation service.
Under certain circumstances, products which have failed due to, for example, but not limited to misuse, neglect, abuse, accident, improper installation or unauthorized repair will have their warranty voided and as such can only be considered for out of warranty repair for which the customer shall be billed for the repair and shipping charges.
4.1.Conditions that void the warranty
- ● Expiration of warranty period
- ● Customer induced damage:
- - Altering, modifying parts without IBASE’s prior consent.
- - Disassembly without IBASE’s prior consent.
- - Damage caused by external factors such as water, overcurrent, static, accidents, shock.
- - Damage caused by mishandling, improper use, or negligence.
- - Damage caused by any third-party products, including those parts that we are requested by the customer to integrate into our products.
- - The product identifying marks or serial number labels have been altered or removed.
The warranty set forth is LIMITED and does not cover products which have had their warranty voided. In addition:
- ● We give no other warranties (and exclude any warranty, term or condition that would otherwise be implied).
- ● We are not liable for any other loss or damage (including indirect or consequential loss, financial loss, loss of profits or loss of use) arising from the contract or the supply of goods or their use, even if it is a result of our negligence.
- ● Our liability is limited to the price of the goods.
TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, THE FOREGOING IS THE COMPLETE WARRANTY FOR IBASE PRODUCTS AND SUPERSEDES ALL OTHER WARRANTIES AND REPRESENTATIONS, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN.
EXCEPT AS EXPRESSLY SET FORTH ABOVE, NO OTHER WARRANTIES ARE MADE WITH RESPECT TO IBASE PRODUCTS AND IBASE EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES NOT STATED HEREIN.
IBASE WILL CONTACT THE CUSTOMER IN THE CASE OF UNREPAIRABLE PRODUCTS, REJECTED RETURNS AND NO PROBLEM FOUND RETURNS SO THAT THE PRODUCTS CAN BE RECOVERED BY THE CUSTOMER AT THEIR COSTS. HOWEVER, FAILURE TO RECOVER THEM WITHIN THE AFOREMENTIONED TIME PERIODS WILL RESULT IN THE PRODUCT BEING CLASSED AS ABANDEONED. ALL ABANDONED PROPERTY WILL BE SUITABLY DISPOSED OF.
NOTWITHSTANDING THE FAILURE OF ANY REMEDY PROVIDED HEREIN, IN NO EVENT SHALL IBASE BE LIABLE FOR CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE, SPECIAL OR ANY OTHER INDIRECT DAMAGES RESULTING FROM ECONOMIC LOSS OR PROPERTY DAMAGE SUSTAINED BY ANY CUSTOMER FROM THE USE OF PRODUCTS.